Dental implants are a permanent solution to restore missing teeth. They are made a Biocompatible medical grade titanium. The implant is then left to heal and integrate completely to the bone for the next few months. after this healing period, it becomes part of the bone. Once the bone is healed around the implant, a dental implant crown can be attached to the implant with the help of an abutment. Dental implant crowns look and feel identical to natural teeth.
Whether patients are missing a single tooth, or require a full smile makeover, Smile Atelier Beverly hills offers a wide variety of treatment options to ensure that every patient needing dental implants gets a beautiful, individualized smile.
Single Implants – For Patients missing one or few teeth in their mouth dental implants can be placed to restore individual teeth that can feel and function just like your natural teeth.
Bridges – When a patient is missing multiple teeth one other option besides restoring each individual tooth with a single implant is to place less implants and connect the implant crowns with a bridge and use the two or more anchor to replace multiple teeth firmly into place.
All on Four Implants –or Teeth in a day is for patients who have either no teeth or have failing and infected teeth (and perhaps currently wear some sort of a dentures). Since the temporary bridge is fixed, patients are free from their dentures on the day of surgery.
Dental implant restoration requires a wide knowledge of cosmetic dentistry and biomechanics to be able select the best material and get predictable results that ensure the treatment long term success and deliver natural looking outcome.
Over all implant crowns fall into two categories:
- Cement retained : when a titanium part(abutment ) is screwed the implant and being used to act similar to natural tooth and placed a crown on top of it.
- Screw Retained : when the crown directly screwed to the implant body
Deciding on which on is the best solution is a balance between function and esthetics it is critical to have been designed for each case the type of restoration.
Same Day Dental Implants in Beverly Hills
Traditional dental implants can take up to six months or more to bond with your jawbone and heal after implant surgery. With usage of new material came out a new method in implant dentistry called “same-day dental implants.” This highly specialized technique allows certain patients to have their damaged teeth removed and implants placed, along with complete dental crowns or restorations, in the same day. In this way pts don’t have to walk out of office toothless, that gives our patients more comfort, more confidence specially when it comes to front tooth implants.
We ensure to consider all the factors and deliver the most natural looking and functional individually designed restorations for all of our implant restorations.
- Patients typically leave a dental implant procedure with temporary teeth in place. This is markedly different from the past, when patients were asked to go without any replacement teeth until the implant had bonded with bone.
- The success rate for dental implants is quite high; it’s close to 100 percent in certain areas of the mouth.
- While it’s difficult to say precisely how long dental implants usually last, with regular brushing, dentist visits, etc., they will likely last as long as you do!
- Dental implant procedures can be performed under local anesthesia, though sedation options are available for patients with concerns about anxiety and discomfort.
A procedure to add a single implant will usually take approximately one hour. Naturally, more implants will take longer.
- Healing times may be decreasing. Up until recently, dental professionals were instructed not to begin work on a patient’s permanent prosthetic teeth until three months after the surgery for the lower jaw, and six months for the upper jaw. Today, however, we know that the healing and bonding process can go faster for some patients.
- While dental implant failures do happen in very rare cases, they are usually only an issue with smokers and people with weakened immune systems or uncontrolled diabetes In these cases, they can usually be replaced with larger implants.”